1. What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?
Took myself on, for real. Got over myself.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t keep the resolution about my GPA. Kind of a shame there. I didn’t bother to make resolutions this year. I have found another way to continually update and meet my goals.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nikki Stamm and AJ had a Child I believe.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My cousin, Chris died from brain cancer.
5. What countries did you visit?
I visited Costa Rica again this March for Ben White’s wedding to Brenda.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
The title to my car. The deed to my condo. A new tattoo.
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 15th. Graduated Masterful Living.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Forgiving myself. Getting an $80K Home Loan approval.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn’t stand up for what I wanted with a relationship. However that deterioration led to my attending Gratitude Training, so I guess it all worked out exactly as it was supposed to. I’ve noticed a lot of that going on in my life.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
That God-awful shoulder problem, it has persisted until now. That’s 15 months or so.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I’m in love with my pocket watch, but I also am pleased with my new blinds. I love the fixed gear bike I bought as well.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine. Jaree’s. Jenna’s. JR’s. Jessica Dolben’s. Lauren’s.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mary. Nate. Keri.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Heheheh, Gratitude & ML.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
John Butler Trio, Nov 6th. Third Weekend December 15th. Still excited about January 22nd, my vacation to visit Brandon and Jill in Colorado. Good times.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2014?
Foreigner – “I Want to Know What Love Is.”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
A) happier or sadder? Far Happier
B) thinner or fatter? Far Thinner. I’ve hit 145 lbs. Kind of gave up drinking for fun and lost a shit-ton of body fat. I’m thrilled. I’m a size 30 at 32 years old.
C) richer or poorer? Well, richer. I spent a great deal of money this year, mostly on self-improvement. And I’m about to pay off my car, and purchase my condo on Dover Road. I’m thrilled about this. So, as far as investments go, I’m doing awesome.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Le Sigh, writing. I’ve been slacking. Still. I wish I’d had more adventures, but I was otherwise working on myself. This year will be prime for adventure.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas (2014)?
I spent Christmas at work. I made great money and had a great deal of fun there.
21. How did you spend New Year's 2014?
I also spent New Years at work. Also, had a huge amount of fun there and made a killer amount of money.
22. Did you fall in love in 2014?
Hmmm. Not Exactly. I fell heavily in like with someone, and got kind of wounded. I think I healed some old wounds, and found a sense of peace, we opened a door that had remained closed, and some day, I think we may look down the hallway together.
23. How many one-night stands?
Zero. Fun things occurred, but they were more than a one night stand.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Archer, Twilight Zone, Agents of SHIELD.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope I don’t think I hate anyone.
26. What was the best book you read?
I didn’t do a huge amount of reading, I’m ashamed to admit.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Broken Bells!! Magic Man.
28. What did you want and get?
Peace of mind, confidence, motivation.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Interstellar. Amazing Spider-Man.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
32, and I don’t honestly remember.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery, or another type of equally amazing financial windfall.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
1950’s, Dress Casual.
34. What kept you sane?
Commitment. New thinking. New Friends. New Lifestyle.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Marijuana Legalization on the ballot in FL (failed, but a step in the right direction), the whole Ferguson fiasco, All the fucking cops shooting people instead of processing them.
37. Who did you miss?
Kate, my Dad, my Mom (oddly enough), Scott, Brandon and Jill, Nate Maez, Lauren.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Again, I made a bunch of new friends, man oh man, Jada, Jaree, Kevin, Christine, Jaimie, Sean, Paul, Jessica Dolben, Kierstin, Christian, JR, Jenna, Donna, Danny Milotta, The Pats.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
The long and short of it is that I need to trust myself. I am a powerful, creative, charismatic, authentic person. When I follow my commitments to myself and fulfill promises to others, I make my life better. Also, giving and being generous is awesome; it is where the things reside. Have a goal, stick to it. Good stuff happens.
Also, bad things do happen. Frequently. All around, to everyone. The difference between happy people and unhappy people seems to be how they respond. Happy people tend to dwell far less in duration. Forgive yourself for mistakes and learn something from them. It’s really the only way we learn and grow. Change is good, but not always comfortable. Those who adapt to it, also do well.
If I have a goal, it’s a lot easier to just commit and jump in. Get to work rather than sit around complaining about how much work it’s going to be. Also, nothing gets done without effort. Period.
Also, say what you (I) need to say, when it matters, not later. I’m really very happy with myself and my life now, today. That’s a huge change from last year. 2015 is already off to a great start. Let’s see what can be done.
- Location:Home Office
- Mood:Pleased with life
- Music:Magic Man - "Paris"